In a move that shocked very few, Jason Grilli is DFA'd by Toronto. The 40-year old’s 6.97 ERA through 20.2 innings was cringeworthy. Reliever Ezequiel Carrera has been brought on off of the disabled list in a corresponding move. Everyone can exhale now instead of casually suffering through Grilli’s next start. It was nice while it lasted.
Here’s what else is happening across the American League East:
- The Blue Jays call up RHP Chris Smith.
- Wondering where John Farrell was last night? The Red Sox manager was suspended one game for arguing with Bill Miller.
- The Yankees need to resolve their short bench problem, it’s getting a little painful to watch at this point.
- Andy Hechavarria made an incredible play in his Rays debut and Tampa fans everywhere should be that much more excited about this trade.
- The Orioles need Jonathan Schoop and he’s never been better. Fingers crossed and knock on wood.
- The Red Sox-Yankees rivalry has felt cold and dead for awhile now, but is it on the way back?
- What does Tyler Wade bring to the Yankees?
- The Rays are the top base running team in the American League. No, seriously.
- If the Orioles do end up as sellers, who are their buyers? Will it be enough to pull them out of their slump?
- What should the Blue Jays this trade deadline? Absolutely nothing.
- The Red Sox place Josh Rutledge on the disabled list and promote Wei Lin from Portland.
- Who would you trade the Yankees’ farm system for?
- Blake Snell is set to rejoin the Rays rotation, Erasmo Ramirez has been sent to the bullpen.