The Mets have officially placed Robert Gsellman on the 10-day disabled list. Gsellman strained his hamstring during Tuesday’s game against the Marlins. The 23-year old has had a rocky season for New York this year, going solid for a stretch but then ultimately pitching a 6.16 ERA over 76 innings. After having some of their biggest pitchers go down due to injuries last season, this was supposed to be the Mets’s year when it came to pitcher. There’s always 2018.
Infielder Matt Reynolds have been called up from Triple-A Vegas to take Gsellman’s spot.
Here’s what else is happening in the National League East:
- Freddy Galvis is just as sick of losing as you are, Phillies fans.
- Michael Conforto’s injury is more serious than the Mets hoped, the world is an endless void.
- Hot take: Tyler Flowers is deserving of an All-Star selection.
- Koda Glover tells reporters he’s dealing with rotator cuff strain in right shoulder. That’s gotta hurt.
- The Yankees and Red Sox are inquiring on Justin Bour and Martin Prado.
- The Phillies option Edubray Ramos and recall Ricardo Pinto.
- Rejoice Braves fans, Freddie Freeman could return to Braves lineup next week.
- Enny Romero has become the bullpen’s biggest weapon for the Nationals.
- The Marlins have some more trade activity this season because AJ Ramos and David Phelps are also being targeted.
- The Phillies trade deadline talk about Maikel Franco and Pat Neshek is heating up!
- The Mets have promoted Tim Tebow to High-A St. Lucie because when you’re crashing and burning, it’s always #TebowTime.
- The Braves are looking into acquiring Chris Archer or Jose Quintana, because it’s deadline season, baby.