The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
What’s going on in baseball today?
Still haven’t caught up on draft coverage like you’ve been telling yourself? We’ve got you covered. Check out the draft tracker to see where the hyped up players went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League East.
- Roughly twelve hours after he bashed the team during a postgame interview, the Cubs designate Miguel Montero. Shade level: unreachable.
- Drew Smyly to undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Our Chris Cotillo gives his two cents on the Hechavarria and how it signals a sea change for Tampa Bay.
- The Giants place Mark Melancon on the disabled list. As if they needed more bad news.
- The Astros have a lot of momentum moving towards the trade deadline. Will they be the wildcard big buyers of this season?
- The Red Sox have had their name linked to a bunch of big starting pitchers. Will they follow through with any of those inquiries?
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2000, the Yankees acquire David Justice from the Indians for Ricky Ledee and two players to be named later.