Angels reliever Huston Street, who had been sidelined with a strained lat muscle and recently started a rehab assignment, has been momentarily shut down because of tricep tightness, according to Jeff Fletcher of The Orange County Register.
While right-hander Bud Norris has had success as the club’s closer, it’s likely alarming news for the Angels, who figured to have Street pitch in the back-end of their bullpen.
Street hasn’t faced a major league hitter this season, a year after he pitched 22.1 frames with the Angels and struggled.
Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- There really aren’t many American League teams genuinely struggling, and because of it, the Mariners are in an interesting spot this summer.
- Jed Lowrie has looked solid in 2017, which could give the Athletics much-needed momentum in the coming weeks.
- After the first update, it seems there aren’t any Astros in the AL All-Star Team’s starting lineup.
- It appears Sam Dyson’s time with the Rangers is over, but still, the club could try to trade him.
- The Angels signed Michael Bourn to a minor league deal, which could be valuable down the stretch.