The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
What’s going on in baseball today?
Still haven’t caught up on draft coverage like you’ve been telling yourself? We’ve got you covered. Check out the draft tracker to see where the hyped up players went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
- Here’s what’s going on around the National League East.
- The Brewers placed Chase Anderson on the disabled list with an oblique injury.
- We still want you to guess who the first big-name player to be traded in 2017 will be.
- The Nationals signed Kevin Jepsen to a minor league deal in what could prove to be a low-risk, high-reward signing.
- Atlanta designated Bartolo Colon for assignment in a notable move for Bartolo fans everywhere.
- Trea Turner was diagnosed with a broken right wrist, which is particularly bad news for the Nationals.
- Dustin Fowler injured his knee in his debut, according to MLB’s Bryan Hoch.
- It seems the Marlins are getting closer to deciding who to sell the team to, according to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald.
- It looks like the Giants will listen to offers for any player on their roster, according to MLB.com’s Jon Morosi.
- The Padres have expressed interest in Gleyber Torres, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- Zack Cozart is a candidate to be traded but wants to stay with the Reds, according to Heyman.
EY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2015, Chris Sale became the second pitcher to record 10 or more strikeouts in eight or more starts.