The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The draft is quickly approaching and things are going to start to move at the speed of light, so check out our Mock Draft 2.0 for a look at who your favorite teams could be picking. Check back here for updates as we get closer to June 12th!
Check out the latest from around the American League East.
- The Angels have temporarily shut down Huston Street, who has yet to throw a pitch with Los Angeles this season.
- Jean Segura will be out for a month or two with an ankle injury, which doesn’t bode well for the Mariners.
- The Marlins will listen on Christian Yelich, Marcell Ozuna, and J.T. Realmuto. What they’re potentially asking for in return is still unknown.
- SOS, the Yankees are looking for a third baseman, send help before A-Rod shows up please.
- While some clubs are still interested in Jose Quintana, he’s lost value because of his inconsistent start, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe. This reporter feels that’s a huge letdown, just sayin’.
- Edwin Jackson’s opt-out date was extended to Monday, according to Eduardo Encina of The Baltimore Sun.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
Are you excited for the draft? Of course you are. Get even more excited and more informed with this 2017 MLB draft prosect Q&A series done by our very own Chris Cotillo. Why wouldn’t you want the inside scoop on someone your team could draft?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On June 5th, 2008, joining the ranks of Mickey Mantle and Eddie Murray, Chipper Jones becomes just the third switch-hitter in MLB history to hit 400 career home runs.