Hearts across America are a little bruised this morning as Big Sexy heads to the 10-day disabled list for a left oblique strain. Uh, yeah, oblique strain...let’s all go with that to live in a beautiful little world built on ignorance.
Bartolo Colon’s 2017 season was not going how the Braves would have hoped. Signed during the offseason to provide stability to the rotation, his 7.78 ERA has done the exact opposite. Maybe a quick DL stint will give the veteran a decent enough rest so that he has a chance of bouncing back by the All-Star break. RHP Jason Hursh has been announced to take Colon’s place.
Here’s what else is going down in the National League East:
- Get ready everyone, Bryce Harper extension talks are on the horizon.
- Can you believe that Johan Santana’s no-hitter was five years ago?
- Mike Schmidt wouldn’t build team around Odubel Herrera or Spanish-speaking players.
- These five Marlins franchise records could be broken in June 2017.
- The Nationals have placed Jayson Werth on the 10-day disabled list.
- Here’s how the Mets farm system performed in the month of May.
- So, what are the odds of Yu Darvish making his way to the Phillies?
- The Braves not considering Medlen for a rotation spot yet.
- The Marlins are losing Justin Bour to the DL with a bone bruise at literally the worst possible time.
- Ryan Zimmerman is currently leading all NL first baseman now in All-Star voting.
- The Phillies send Brock Stassi to Triple-A Reading and recall Nick Pivetta in his place.
- Who will the Braves trade first this summer?