The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The draft is quickly approaching and things are going to start to move at the speed of light, so check out our Mock Draft 2.0 for a look at who your favorite teams could be picking. Check back here for updates as we get closer to June 12.
What’s going on in baseball today?
- Check out the latest from around the American League Central.
- Pedro Martinez hinted on Twitter that David Ortiz may make a comeback, though that’s still unlikely.
- Which teams have the most homegrown talent?
- Jean Segura agreed to 5-year, $70 million extension with Mariners. Not too shabby for someone currently on the 10-day DL.
- Watch this college baseball player discuss beard hygiene, since that is a pretty pressing issue in our society.
- The Cardinals could move on from Jhonny Peralta.
- Does your team desperately need some new arms? Here are ten pitchers you should know about before next Monday’s draft.
- Ever want to know what goes through the mind of someone about to enter the MLB draft? Now’s your chance! Check out this MLD Daily Dish exclusive interview with 19-year old Texas Tech commit and top draft prospect Trevor Rogers.
- The Orioles have acquired Ruben Tejada from the Yankees.
- The Cardinals may pursue Marcell Ozuna.
- The Astros have won 10 games in a row and we all should pay more attention.
- Don’t sleep on these infielders that are entering the 2017 MLB draft. Because pitchers are overrated, amiright?
- Some teams are batting pretty low when it comes to finding homegrown talent. Here are the clubs that could use some help in that department.
- Is a deal brewing? The Nationals are ‘keeping close eye’ on Royals’ pitcher Kelvin Herrera.
- The Giants acquired pitcher Sam Dyson from Rangers.
- The White Sox signed Bobby Parnell to a minor-league deal.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
Are you excited for the draft? Of course you are. Get even more excited and more informed with this 2017 MLB draft prospect Q&A series done by our very own Chris Cotillo. Why wouldn’t you want the inside scoop on someone your team could draft?
2017 MLB Pre-July Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On June 7th, 1944, Annabelle Lee, aunt of future major leaguer Bill Lee, pitches the first of five perfect games in the 12-year history of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League.