The Dodgers add Fabio Castillo to the 40-man roster. The 28-year old spent part of his 2016 pitching for Hanwha in the Korean Baseball Organization. Upon being added to the 40-man, the right hander was then optioned to Triple-A Oklahoma City. Between his time in Triple-A and Double-A Tulsa, Castillo has thrown a 3.27 ERA in 44 innings, with 41 strikeouts and just 13 walks. He has the potential to be a strong middle reliever if they Dodgers ever need him to fill that role.
Here’s what else is going down in the National League West:
- Oh no, Joc Pederson could end up with an extended rehab assignment.
- Real talk: this Ian Desmond situation is already getting pretty awkward.
- How confident are you in the Diamondbacks?
- Buy the jersey Hunter Strickland wore when he fought Bryce Harper, because everyone has a rainy day fund for sports memorabilia donned during a really dumb play.
- The Padres place Manuel Margot on the disabled list and call up Franchy Cordero.
- The Giants have finally been linked to Shohei Otani.
- What the h*ck is up with Nick Ahmed?
- The Rockies option Jordan Patterson, while Alexi Amarista returns to the team.
- Jake Peavy says he has absolutely no interest in playing for the Padres, which is just a touch harsh.
- The Giants acquire Sam Dyson from the Rangers.
- The D-backs had a really busy week. Arizona recalled Zack Godley and Jeremy Hazelbaker, placed Yasmany Tomas on the disabled list, and optioned Braden Shipley.
- How much does wind really effect ball play at Coors Field? More than you may think.
- The Twins claim Chris Heston off waivers from the Dodgers.