The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
The draft is quickly approaching and things are going to start to move at the speed of light, so check out our Mock Draft 2.0 for a look at who your favorite teams could be picking. Check back here for updates as we get closer to June 12.
What’s going on in baseball today?
- Check out the latest from around the American League East.
- Mike Schmidt’s ignorance gives us an opportunity to reflect on how baseball has changed over time...and more importantly, who has changed it.
- Which teams have the most homegrown talent?
- Check out this interview with 19-year old draft hopeful, Sam Carlson.
- MLB is investigating Derek Norris following an abuse allegation made by his former fiancée.
- Keep a close eye on these ten outfielders up for grabs during next Monday’s draft.
- The Rockies are in first place, so maybe we should all start paying a little more attention to them.
- Ever want to know what goes through the mind of someone about to enter the MLB draft? Now’s your chance! Check out this MLD Daily Dish exclusive interview with 19-year old Texas Tech commit and top draft prospect Trevor Rogers.
- Jake Peavy may pitch this season. Everyone put on their best “shocked” face.
- It’s Friday and this baseball bird is all of us refusing to get up for work.
- Check out this exclusive MLB Daily Dish Q&A with Keston Hiura of UC Irvine, who is predicted to go in the first round of the draft.
- Don’t sleep on these infielders that are entering the 2017 MLB draft. Because pitchers are overrated, amiright?
- Some teams are batting pretty low when it comes to finding homegrown talent. Here are the clubs that could use some help in that department.
- What’s going on with all these veteran surges around baseball?
- The Oakland Athletics went to Internet War with Wendy’s because this is 2017 and anything is possible.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
Are you excited for the draft? Of course you are. Get even more excited and more informed with this 2017 MLB draft prospect Q&A series done by our very own Chris Cotillo. Why wouldn’t you want the inside scoop on someone your team could draft?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On June 9th, 2008, Ken Griffey, Jr. becomes the sixth player in major league history to hit 600 career home runs.