The Yankees are promoting prospect Clint Frazier, according to Brendan McGair of The Pawtucket Times, making him the latest New York prospect to receive an opportunity.
Frazier, 22, has appeared in 77 games with New York’s Triple-A affiliate this season, hitting .257/.345/.474 with 12 home runs and 42 RBIs. He has also stolen nine bases.
Frazier hit .276 with Cleveland’s Double-A affiliate last season before being sent to New York.
Here’s the latest from around the American League East:
- The Orioles signed DL Hall, their first round draft pick, which should bode well for their minor league system and future major league projections.
- Toronto signed Michael Saunders to a minor league deal, which could be valuable for the sake of depth.
- The Red Sox are interested in Marlins third baseman Martin Prado.
- Things are looking good for Corey Dickerson with regard to All-Star Game voting.
- Dustin Fowler is injured, which is just tough luck for the Yankees.