The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
What’s going on in baseball today? A lot of trade rumors, that’s what.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League East.
- The Marlins president says the club will not deal the stars, as if other teams are going to want anyone else. Insert emoji thinking face here.
- The Yankees are actively pursuing Marlins’ Justin Bour to fill that gaping abyss over at first base.
- Aaron Judge wins MLB’s 2017 Home Run Derby and it was quite the performance.
- The Cubs have considered trading young ~ * mystery * ~ position player.
- Did Joel Embiid really catch a ball at the Home Run Derby? We need answers and we need them now.
- The asking price for Justin Verlander is reportedly high, but teams might not be willing to offer as much because of his performance, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
- The Yankees are reportedly interested in Padres’ Brad Hand. I think it’s safe to say that their bullpen...could use a Hand. (I’ll see myself out)
- Mookie Betts showed off his pilot skills by flying Chris Archer to the All-Star Game. Yeah. We’re speechless too.
- The Dodgers are interested in Tigers’ J.D. Martinez and Justin Wilson.
- The Dodgers could emerge as the team most interested in trading for J.D. Martinez, according to Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press.
- Which players would your team keep in an MLB expansion draft?
- Bo Bichette skipped his freshman year of high school to hit big league bombs and it’s flabbergasting.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2011, Robinson Cano wins the 2011 Home Run Derby, the fourth straight lefty to do so.