New York trying to cultivate a reliever—honestly, anyone—is not a jaw dropping notion. While Maurer’s ERA this season is an astounding 5.60. However, his WHIP is a little more optimistic, clocking in at a shiny 1.16. It’s not like the Yankees’ bullpen has been performing much better.
No word yet on who would be taking off their pinstripes in the Maurer deal, but Brian Cashman has already established his hesitation in parting with high ranking prospects.
Here’s what else is going on in the National League West:
- Greg Holland never doubted his return to baseball’s elite and we’re glad he’s back.
- Could how the Diamondbacks operate at the deadline guide them to a playoff spot or is the future already written in the stars?
- Which players would the Giants protect in a mock expansion draft? Remember, nearly every answer is probably a wrong answer.
- Veteran knuckleballer Gamboa was pretty impressive in his minor league debut.
- This 3-year-old Padres fan can name every player on the team, is your baseball inspiration.
- Rockies prospect Yency Almonte obliterates Binghamton, giving Colorado hope for their rotation’s future.
- We want to hear from you: How would you rate the Diamondbacks’ first half of the season?
- Padres owner still insists team will study the “uniform situation”, because the team clearly doesn’t have any other pressing issues to address.
- Giants prospect Aramis Garcia is determined to build on his improvements from the first half of the season.
- Clayton Kershaw is having another “Kershaw July”, which means watch out to literally everyone else.
- Barry Bonds is officially on the Giants Wall of Fame.