The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? A lot of trade rumors, that’s what.
IN CASE YOU’VE BEEN UNDER A ROCK, THE CUBS HAVE TRADED FOR JOSE QUINTANA. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- The Yankees and Brewers swapped prospects, New York sending Webb for Cooper.
- The Dodgers are interested in Orioles' Zach Britton, because a Jansen / Britton duo is sheer dominance.
- The Twins are interested in controllable starters, because aren’t we all.
- The Rockies are interested in Marlins' pitcher AJ Ramos.
- Rays’ outfielder Colby Rasmus steps away from baseball.
- The Yankees and Padres have discussed Brandon Maurer in the latest trade talks.
- Jason Kipnis eats corndogs with a knife and fork like some sort of a monster. SO DOES THAT NOT MAKE IT A SANDWICH?
- Derek Jeter or Pitbull probably won't become the next Marlins owners, so pour one out for such a missed opportunity.
- The Rangers could listen on Yu Darvish and Cole Hamels. Plots are thickening across the MLB.
- Which players would your team keep in an MLB expansion draft?
- George Springer was proud to be mic’d up for the All-Star Game: ‘I’m gonna stutter. I don’t care.’
- The Phillies are interested are in Marlins’ Christian Yelich because duh.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
2017 MLB Pre-July Trade Tracker
2017 MLB Trade Deadline: Team Previews
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2013, Chris Davis ties Reggie Jackson's 1969 American League record for home runs before the All-Star break.