The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors, rumors and more rumors.
- Here’s what’s going on around the American League East.
- The Yankees sent Tyler Webb to the Brewers in a recent deal.
- Atlanta is considering upgrading its pitching staff and is interested in Jaime Garcia.
- Expect the Cubs to continue to be active leading up to the trade deadline.
- The Red Sox have designated Pablo Sandoval for assignment. Don’t forget about his large contract.
- Arizona is seeking bullpen help and is interested in A.J. Ramos and David Phelps.
- Over the next two weeks, we’re going to learn how much the Brewers believe they can compete routinely.
- Michael Pineda is probably going to have to undergo Tommy John surgery, which is bad news for the Yankees.
- Even after landing Jose Quintana, the Cubs are interested in Sonny Gray.
- Apparently the Phillies like Marlins outfielder Christian Yelich. A lot.
- The White Sox seem to be rebuilding the right way, and the front office deserves the credit.
- It seems the Giants are “open for business” and ready to go.
- Andrew Triggs is out for the season after undergoing hip surgery.
- The Braves are seeking controllable pitching help, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Jeff Passan.
- It seems White Sox prospect Zack Burdi might need Tommy John.
- Henderson Alvarez has agreed to a deal to join the Long Island Ducks, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
EY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2008, Dan Uggla made three errors in the All-Star Game.