The Nationals released reliever Francisco Rodriguez on Friday, according to MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez.
After the Tigers released him, Rodriguez joined the Nationals on a minor league deal. However, he didn’t appear in a game with Washington.
Washington is among the teams seeking bullpen help but might have signed Rodriguez to add depth. He pitched to a 7.82 ERA with the Tigers this season despite being an All-Star as recently as 2015.
Here’s the latest from around the National League East:
- It seems the Mets are unlikely to trade controllable pieces, which are probably the ones drawing the most interest.
- The Braves placed Jason Motte on the disabled list with a back strain.
- Several teams have reportedly checked in on Dee Gordon, a piece Miami might be more open to moving.
- Philadelphia might not yet have the best idea of the player Tommy Joseph is and will become.
- Gio Gonzalez looked particularly good in his start against the Reds.