The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors, rumors and more rumors.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League East.
- The Nationals opted to release veteran reliever Francisco Rodriguez.
- Houston is interested in Detroit left-hander Justin Wilson.
- After missing out on Jose Quintana, the Braves are seeking other controllable starters.
- Milwaukee signed Jeanmar Gomez.
- Arizona is seeking outfield depth and has expressed interest in J.D. Martinez.
- White Sox prospect Zack Burdi is set to undergo Tommy John surgery.
- The Indians are evaluating Sonny Gray and seem to be the latest team connected to the starter.
- Joe Ross will undergo Tommy John surgery and be out for the remainder of the season as a result.
- The Astros are “doing background work” on Jeff Samardzija.
- Nate Karns is out for the remainder of the year after undergoing shoulder surgery.
- The Nationals are attempting to acquire Athletics relievers Ryan Madson and Sean Doolittle.
- Pablo Sandoval, who the Red Sox recently released, is interested in joining the Giants again.
- Atlanta is interested in Jurickson Profar, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- It seems the Cubs are unlikely to trade for Sonny Gray, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
EY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2009, Ryan Howard became the fastest player to hit 200 home runs.
Question of the Day: Is a trade for Profar coming?