The Brewers are reportedly interested in Blue Jay’s pitcher, J.A Happ. The lefty would provide a strong veteran presence to the back end of Milwaukee’s rotation. So far in 2017 he’s posted a 3.54 ERA, allowing 24 runs and striking out 60 over 61 innings pitched.
However, as much as the Brewers are into the deal, Toronto isn’t so swayed to move Happ. Although it’s highly unlikely, stranger things have happened in baseball.
Here’s what other news is happening across the National League Central:
- The Pirates have released Antonio Bastardo.
- The Cardinals should beware of buying-high on Zack Cozart.
- Cincinnati’s advanced A-ball affiliate Daytona is hosting a “Bob Ross Night,” because baseball is a beautiful sport full of happy little dingers.
- The Milwaukee Brewers sign Jeanmar Gomez to a minor league deal.
- You may not have a lot of control over who your teams deals at the deadline, however you can vote for Carl Edwards Jr.’s walk-up song. Same thing, sorta.
- Neal Huntington has officially acknowledged that Jung-Ho Kang likely won’t play this year.
- We’ve seen stranger things. Does Carlos Martinez’s hair affects his pitching? Probably, because it sounds about right.
- This is the best course of action for the Reds this trade deadline.
- With July 31st just on the horizon, it’s important to get a few things out there. Like the fact that buying at the trade deadline doesn’t mean “mortgaging the future” of the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Jose Quintana’s first start in a Cubs uniform went ridiculously well.
- The Pirates have released Josh Lindblom.
- Will the real Adam Wainwright please stand up, please stand up, please stand up. No seriously, the Cardinals need you.
- The Brewers are vehemently pursuing Sonny Gray.
- Meet the prospects that the Cubs sent to the White Sox in exchange for Quintana.