The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors, rumors and more rumors.
- Two big trades went down last night, with the Tigers sending J.D. Martinez to the Diamondbacks for three prospects and the Yankees acquiring the trio of Todd Frazier, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle from the White Sox.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- The Yankees and Athletics were discussing a Yonder Alonso trade before the Yankees acquired Frazier.
- The Brewers, Rays and Yankees are all in the mix for Phillies’ Pat Neshek.
- Carlos Correa will be out 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury.
- The Rays and Tigers are discussing a Justin Wilson trade.
- The Rockies are interested in controllable starters, because aren’t we all?
- The Red Sox are casting wide net in their third base search.
- The Royals are interested in Sonny Gray and Lance Lynn.
- The Phillies and Blue Jays have ‘sincere interest’ in Marlins’ Dee Gordon.
- The Giants and Cardinals are both interested in Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton.
- The Dodgers are shopping Brandon Morrow, Sergio Romo, so get while they’re...lukewarm, I guess.
- The Nationals finally have a closer, acquire Sean Doolittle, Ryan Madson.
- Get ready everyone, the Orioles are preparing to sell and got ownership approval to do so.
- Tigers are unlikely to trade Michael Fulmer, in case you were holding your breath.
- Let’s take a look at what the New York Disabled Lists, er, the Mets rather, could possibly think of doing at the deadline.
- The Cardinals are interested in Marlins' Marcell Ozuna and Christian Yelich
- The White Sox have called up top prospect Yoan Moncada to the majors.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2009, Ian Kinsler becomes the fifth major leaguer in baseball history to hit both a leadoff and walkoff home run for his team in the same game.