Brewers right-hander Chase Anderson, who is currently on the 10-day disabled list, will be sidelined for four to six weeks, according to MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy.
Anderson met with team doctors and had an MRI on Friday. He left a recent start with an oblique injury.
Over 90.1 innings this season, Anderson has pitched to a 2.89 ERA and 3.44 FIP.
Here’s the latest from around the National League Central:
- The Reds might have an ace in Luis Catillo, who they acquired from the Marlins.
- Drew Hutchison has been pitching well with the Pirates, which bodes well for the rest of the season.
- Carlos Martinez is probably making a case to be a Cy Young winner, but he doesn’t have many wins.
- The Hall of Fame is opening a Cubs World Series exhibit, so get ready.
- It’s not a joke. On July 1, the Brewers were sitting in first place in the division standings.