The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors, rumors and more rumors.
Two big trades went down this week, with the Tigers sending J.D. Martinez to the Diamondbacks for three prospects and the Yankees acquiring the trio of Todd Frazier, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle from the White Sox.
Our special correspondent Chris Cotillo put together a handy dandy article that gives you the goods on what whispers in the wings were heard yesterday and what actually went down. Now you’re ready to face the world!
- Here’s the latest from around the National League West.
- Angels’ Cameron Maybin out 2-4 weeks with MCL sprain after an awkward slide Tuesday night.
- The Brewers, Rays and Yankees are all in the mix for Phillies’ Pat Neshek.
- Carlos Correa will be out 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury.
- Yu Darvish could become available if the Rangers falter.
- The Dodgers seem untouchable and their bullpen might just become iron clad this deadline.
- The Athletics have signed Chris Carter, as one does? Probably not such a good way to tell Yonder Alonso that you’re trading him.
- The Royals are interested in Sonny Gray and Lance Lynn.
- Are the Giants signing Pablo Sandoval? It never ends, does it?
- The Giants and Cardinals are both interested in Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton.
- The Dodgers are shopping Brandon Morrow, Sergio Romo, so get while they’re...lukewarm, I guess.
- The Dodgers are interested in Zach Britton, Justin Wilson, and Brad Hand. Duh, of course they are, any of those guys paired with Jansen would be exponential domination.
- Get ready everyone, the Orioles are preparing to sell and got ownership approval to do so.
- The Braves are unlikely to trade Julio Teheran or Matt Adams. Good, because sending Matt Adams packing would be ill-advised. Also the original rumor may or may not have been started by Freedie Freeman, who wants his spot back.
- The Mariners are close to acquiring a reliever. Mystery players are fun.
- The Cardinals are interested in Marlins' Marcell Ozuna and Christian Yelich
- The White Sox have called up top prospect Yoan Moncada to the majors.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2015, Baltimore signs Xu Guiyan, who becomes the first player who is Chinese by birth and ancestry to sign a contract to play in the United States.