There’s heavy interest in Mets closer Addison Reed, lately but will any of it actually pan out? Reed is one of the Mets most valuable chips at the moment and the possibility of him being moved isn’t out of the question. Would it pierce New York fans right through the heart? Well, yeah, but they’re used to that at this point.
The Yankees and Brewers are the latest teams to leave a calling card for the 28-year old. However the Yankees’ most recent deal with the White Sox that sent relievers Robertson and Kahnle their way may hinder their interest. The righty has a 2.47 ERA and 15 saves over 45 innings pitched this season. His velocity is strong, capping out around 96 mph.
Where the Mets deal Reed depends on the return they’ll be getting, but the fact that he’ll be traded seems almost inevitable. Better start mentally preparing yourself now.
Here’s what other news is going down across the National League East:
- Hot take alert: Matt Wieters is struggling both at the plate and behind it this season.
- Is this Vince Velasquez’ last chance to prove he’s a starting pitcher?
- Mets’ pitcher Thomas Szapucki undergoes Tommy John surgery.
- The Braves have traded Jamie Garcia to the Twins.
- The Rays are among teams showing interest in Marlins closer AJ Ramos.
- Ryan Zimmerman passes Vladimir Guerrero to become Nationals/Expos franchise home run leader.
- The Phillies are hot after Christian Yelich and Dee Gordon, but who could they offer to the Marlins in exchange?
- The Braves farm system is about to radically change whether you like it or not.
- The Marlins reportedly won’t trade their outfielders this season. I guess we shall see about that.
- The Nationals are still in mix for Tigers’ Justin Wilson.
- BREAKING: Adam Morgan is...good?
- The Mets prefer to trade Granderson and might actually give Jay Bruce a qualifying offer. If you told this to anyone in January they would have looked at you like you were insane.
- Exhale everyone, the Braves are very unlikely to trade Julio Teheran or Matt Adams at the deadline.
- Miami pitcher David Phelps has been traded to the Mariners.