The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors, rumors and more rumors.
Two big trades went down this week, with the Tigers sending J.D. Martinez to the Diamondbacks for three prospects and the Yankees acquiring the trio of Todd Frazier, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle from the White Sox.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League East.
- The Yankees seem to be among the teams interested in Sonny Gray, and the A’s recently set the asking price.
- Addison Reed seems to be drawing a considerable amount of interest.
- New York still wants to add a first baseman, but the Yankees might not have many to choose from.
- Texas is trying to see which teams are interested in Yu Darvish. The Cubs are known to be among them.
- Oakland has discussed an extension with Marcus Semien, which is good news for the future of the club.
- It’s pretty much a given that the Marlins will sell this summer. When will Ramos be moved?
- The Brewers are reportedly very interested in Tigers left-hander Justin Wilson.
- Yoenis Cespedes apparently wants to end his career with the Athletics.
- It looks like the Twins were pretty close to landing Jaime Garcia, but talks have slowed since.
- Oakland has not engaged in extension talks with Yonder Alonso, according to ESPN’s Buster Olney.
- Several clubs have expressed interest in Giancarlo Stanton, whose massive contract likely makes a trade unrealistic. Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports first had the news.
- Cleveland placed left-hander Boone Logan on the disabled list, the team announced.
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Team-By-Team Tracker
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Team Previews
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2015, Huston Street recorded his 300th career save.