The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors, rumors and more rumors.
Two big trades went down this week, with the Tigers sending J.D. Martinez to the Diamondbacks for three prospects and the Yankees acquiring the trio of Todd Frazier, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle from the White Sox.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League West.
- Padres right-hander Trevor Cahill is drawing a significant amount of interest.
- After trading David Phelps, it seems the Marlins could move AJ Ramos. Several teams are interested.
- As expected, the Giants signed Pablo Sandoval to a minor league deal.
- Another bat could be significant for the Brewers, who are interested in Ian Kinsler.
- The Dodgers are in the market for pitching help and have expressed interest in Addison Reed.
- In a notable prospects move, the Diamondbacks promoted Anthony Banda.
- The Rays acquired Dodgers reliever Sergio Romo on Saturday afternoon.
- Here’s everything we know right now about the possibility of a Jaime Garcia trade.
- Houston seems to be targeting a starter before the deadline and is interested in Sonny Gray, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
- The Yankees placed Starlin Castro on the disabled list with a hamstring injury, according to George A. King III of The New York Post.
- Rangers right-hander Chi Chi Gonzalez is set to undergo Tommy John surgery, according to Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News.
- Cleveland activated Danny Salazar from the disabled list, the team announced.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2011, Red Sox manager Terry Francona won his 1,000th career game as a major league manager.