The Rangers have a high asking price for right-hander Yu Darvish in advance of this month’s trade deadline, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
It’s unclear exactly how much interest the 30-year old is drawing—the Yankees have been linked to him of late—but the high price is notable given Darvish’s impending free agent status.
Over 133.1 innings this season, Darvish has pitched to a 3.44 ERA and 3.84 FIP. Darvish has yet to end a season with an ERA higher than four and could draw more interest as the deadline nears.
Here’s the latest from around the American League West:
- It looks like the Athletics are headed in the direction of a notable rebuild, which should bode well for the team’s future.
- Colin Moran recently hit his first major league home run, a notable stride for the former prospect.
- Alex Meyer has proven to be the exact type of player that the Angels need.
- Get to know Marco Gonzales, the new Mariners lefty who could be valuable down the stretch.
- Chi Chi Gonzalez is set for Tommy John surgery, which is not the best news for the Rangers staff.