The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors, rumors and more rumors.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- Padres right-hander Trevor Cahill is drawing a significant amount of interest.
- After trading David Phelps, it seems the Marlins could move AJ Ramos. Several teams are interested.
- In a shocking trade deadline twist, the Twins’ deal for Jaime Garcia has fallen through, allegedly due to medical issues.
- Another bat could be significant for the Brewers, who are interested in Ian Kinsler.
- The Dodgers are in the market for pitching help and have expressed interest in Addison Reed.
- In a notable prospects move, the Diamondbacks promoted Anthony Banda.
- The Rays acquired Dodgers reliever Sergio Romo on Saturday afternoon.
- The Mariners have signed Danny Espinosa.
- After leaving yesterday’s game in the second innings, Clayton Kershaw is likely headed for the DL with lower back tightness, which is really bad news for the Dodgers and fantasy teams everywhere.
- The Yankees placed Starlin Castro on the disabled list with a hamstring injury, according to George A. King III of The New York Post.
- Adrián Beltré is 38 years old and still making ridiculous plays at third base, baseball is awesome.
- The Yankees have traded utility man Rob Refsnyder to the Blue Jays.
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Team-By-Team Tracker
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Team Previews
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2006, Adrián Beltré hits the first inside-the-park home run ever at Safeco Field.