Where will Zack Cozart play baseball next season? Potentially the Red Sox. Boston has actively been scouting the Reds’ shortstop. And who could blame them? With a slash line of .319/.406/.564 this season, Cozart is one of the best rental infielders around right now and would certainly give Boston a huge playoff push.
Here’s what else you should know going on in the National League Central:
- Relax everyone, the Cardinals bullpen is fine.
- The Cubs are looking at left handed relievers Brad Hand, Justin Wilson, and Zach Britton. I’m sensing a pattern here.
- The Pirates have placed Gregory Polanco on the disabled list for a left hamstring injury and recalled Steve Brault.
- The Milwaukee Brewers won’t change deadline approach and are still reportedly in strong pursuit of Sonny Gray.
- The Cubs have activated Kyle Hendricks from the disabled list and optioned Felix Pena to Iowa.
- Should the Cardinals consider finding a suitor to trade Michael Wacha with?
- The Brewers still searching for trade partners despite recent slide.
- Pirates pitching prospect Ike Schlabach continues his strong stretch down in Triple-A.
- The Reds will look to pitchers who’ve struggled as 2017 winds down.
- The Cubs could be targeting several veteran catchers.
- You’re probably wondering who Tyler O’Neill is, the outfielder prospect the Cardinals just traded with the Mariners for. Here’s your cheat sheet on him.
- The Milwaukee Brewers have activated Wily Peralta and designated Rob Scahill for assignment.