The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors, rumors and more rumors.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League Central.
- The Yankees are interested in Sonny Gray and Yu Darvish because of course they are.
- As fine and dandy as that sounds, the Rangers may be leaning toward keeping Darvish after all.
- Our very own Chris Cotillo has some feelings for the Brewers and it’s that they’re better off standing pat at the deadline.
- The Cardinals are in ongoing talks involving Lance Lynn. The plot is thickening.
- Because anything is possible at the deadline and we love a good ol’ fashion twist, the Twins have finally acquired Jaime Garcia.
- The Brewers ave acquired more bullpen depth in Anthony Swarzak.
- The Dodgers are in the market for pitching help and have expressed interest in Addison Reed.
- The Royals have acquired a huge package of Trevor Cahill, Brandon Maurer and Ryan Buchter from the Padres.
- The Red Sox are scouting Zack Cozart.
- New contender alert: the Nationals may pursue Sonny Gray.
- The Mariners are considering a run at Athletics' Sonny Gray, so may the odds be ever in your favor.
- The Tigers are ‘aggressively’ shopping veteran ace Justin Verlander.
- The Brewers are discussing a Wilson, Kinsler deal with the Tigers
- Get to your stations everyone, the Yankees and Athletics are ‘making progress’ on a Gray/Alonso trade.
- The Athletics want Ronald Acuña in Sonny Gray talks with the Braves, because that’s obviously a very reasonable and rational request.
- Could the Yankees possibly trade Jacoby Ellsbury? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe for a Hostess cupcake and three bags of puffy Cheetos, it’s anyone’s guess.
- In a late night deal, the Red Sox have acquired Eduardo Nunez for two prospects.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2011, the 19-inning, six-hour and 39-minute game between the Pirates and Braves at Turner Field ends when Jerry Meals makes one of the worst calls in baseball history.