The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors, rumors and more rumors.
- The Rockies swung a deal last night, acquiring Pat Neshek from the Phillies for three minor-leaguers.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League East.
- The Royals and Jays are discussing a potential deal for Francisco Liriano.
- The Cardinals are in ongoing talks involving Lance Lynn.
- The Twins could shop both Ervin Santana and Jaime Garcia as we get closer to the 31st.. Yeah, you totally read that right.
- The Nationals are interested in Yu Darvish, since everyone is.
- The Brewers have acquired bullpen depth in righty Anthony Swarzak.
- Did the Tigers pitch the idea of including All-Star Michael Fulmer in a salary dump package?
- Here's Yu Darvish's 10-team no-trade list, in case you were hoping your team would come out of nowhere and acquire him.
- The Cubs are interested in Mets’ pitcher Seth Lugo.
- New contender alert: the Nationals may pursue Sonny Gray.
- The Mariners are considering a run at Gray, so may the odds be ever in your favor.
- The chances of the Orioles concocting a Zach Britton trade are ‘growing slimmer’.
- The Braves have optioned Dansby Swanson to Triple-A in the hopes of him breaking out of his sophomore slump.
- The Yankees and Athletics were ‘making progress’ on a Gray/Alonso trade as of Tuesday night.
- The Athletics want Ronald Acuña in Sonny Gray talks with the Braves, because that’s obviously a very reasonable and rational request.
- The Nationals have promoted Erick Fedde and placed Steven Strasburg on the 10-day DL.
- In a late night deal on Tuesday, the Red Sox have acquired Eduardo Nunez from the Giants for two prospects.
- Looking for the latest on Sonny Gray? Check out our stream of stories on him.
- Giants righty Jeff Samardzija has a 21-team no-trade clause and is unlikely to waive it to move this summer.
- The Rockies have interest in Jonathan Lucroy and are targeting him after acquiring Neshek.
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Team-By-Team Tracker
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Team Previews
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2014, Frank Thomas, Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux, and managers Bobby Cox, Joe Torre, and Tony La Russa are inducted into the Hall of Fame.