The Rockies 'continue to show interest' in Tigers catcher Alex Avila. This comes as no surprised seeing that the Rox have the worst defense behind the plate in all of Major League Baseball. Avila would be a rental for Colorado since he is up for free agency at the end of this season.
The Rockies have also been linked in talks with Detroit closer Justin Wilson, making a pitcher / catcher package significantly more appealing for both parties.
Here’s what else is going down across the National League West:
- These are all the teams teams that might want Jeff Samardzija in a trade.
- The San Diego Padres are a statistical conundrum.
- The Diamondbacks have traded for Twins catcher John Ryan Murphy.
- Cody Bellinger is unstoppable, what else is new.
- Real talk: the Giants did pretty well with the Eduardo Nuñez trade.
- Erick Aybar’s foot is broken, since the Padres didn’t have enough problems to deal with.
- The Pat Neshek trade is a clear win for the Rockies.
- Arizona has activated Rubby De La Rosa from DL and optioned J.J. Hoover to Triple-A.
- Clayton Kershaw will reportedly miss four to six weeks.
- Here are the Giants’ problems with trading Denard Span.
- The Padres have called up Kyle McGrath, while Austin Hedges, Yangervis Solarte, and Travis Jankowski are still on rehab.
- In more of an effort to fix their horrible catching, the Rockies next target appears to be Rangers catcher Jonathan Lucroy.