The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Still plenty of rumors.
- The Nationals added depth, acquiring Howie Kendrick from the Phillies late Friday night.
- It was expected the Marlins would trade A.J. Ramos, but no one expected the Mets to land him for two minor-leaguers.
- Baltimore made a buy move, acquiring Jeremy Hellickson from Philadelphia.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League West.
- The Rockies are among the teams showing interest in Alex Avila.
- It’s looking like a Yu Darvish trade could end up happening. You can track the latest here.
- It’s looking like the Tigers might consider trading Jose Iglesias.
- The Rays made another addition to their bullpen Friday, acquiring Steve Cishek from the Mariners.
- David Price was placed on the disabled list with an elbow injury, which doesn’t bode well for the Red Sox.
- The Marlins will be without third baseman Martin Prado, who is set to undergo knee surgery.
- The Mets placed T.J. Rivera on the disabled list, according to MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo.
- The Dodgers acquired Luke Farrell from the Royals and sent cash to Kansas City, the team announced.
- Teams seeking pitching help are still wondering whether the Cardinals will trade Lance Lynn, according to ESPN’s Buster Olney.
- San Francisco is willing to trade Hunter Strickland, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2011, the Mets acquired Zack Wheeler.