The Rays have made several moves to upgrade their bullpen, most recently acquiring Steve Cishek, but the club is still interested in adding more relief help, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
Rosenthal adds that left-hander Brad Hand could emerge as a trade target. Hand is having one of the best seasons of his career with San Diego. Over 53 innings, he’s pitched to a 2.04 ERA and 2.55 FIP.
Tampa Bay has been active, acquiring Cishek, Sergio Romo and Dan Jennings to improve the bullpen. Nonetheless, they might not be done.
Here’s the latest from around the American League East:
- A year after formally rebuilding, the Yankees are in a pretty decent position to compete consistently.
- David Price was placed on the 10-day disabled list with elbow inflammation, which probably isn’t a good sign.
- It’s no secret that a lot of teams are interested in Francisco Liriano.
- The decision to add Ruben Tejada has helped the Orioles more than some might realize.
- Lucas Duda seems genuinely excited to be on the Rays’ roster.