The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
What’s going on in baseball today?
Still haven’t caught up on draft coverage like you’ve been telling yourself? We’ve got you covered. Check out the draft tracker to see where the hyped up players went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
The MLB 2017 All-Star rosters have been released. Did your favorite player make the cut?
- Here’s the latest from around the National League Central.
- The Blue Jays have traded Jason Grilli to Rangers.
- Kansas City designated reliever Sean Maness for assignment, according to Rustin Dodd of The Kansas City Star.
- Giants prospect Joan Gregorio has been suspended for the remainder of the year because of steroid use, according to Henry Schulman of The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Babe Ruth’s ring and contract, owned by Charlie Sheen, are now at auction for over $2 million each. Ya know, in case you have that just laying around.
- Mets third baseman David Wright will not resume baseball-related activities for about five weeks, according to MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo. Hearst are breaking across Queens.
- The Dodgers are discussing turning Ike Davis into a pitcher, according to MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick. Yeah, you read that correctly. We’re not sure either.
- The Athletics signed third round draft pick Nick Allen to a $2 million bonus, according to MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo.
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright gets a sunflower seed shower during TV interview. Baseball is great.
- Marlins right-hander David Phelps is drawing interest from multiple contending teams, according to MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 1994, Cleveland retires uniform number 14, that was worn by Hall of Famer Larry Doby, the first black to play in the American League.