The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Fasten your seat belts everyone, because we’re about to go full throttle until the deadline.
What’s going on in baseball today? Rumors and more rumors as the trade deadline inches closer.
- Here’s a look at what’s going on around the American League East.
- In an odd deal, the Nationals acquired Howie Kendrick from the Phillies.
- The Mets acquired A.J. Ramos from the Marlins in exchange for two minor league prospects.
- Baltimore was seeking a starter and landed one Friday night, acquiring Jeremy Hellickson from the Phillies.
- It’s no secret that the Rangers have a fairly high asking price for Yu Darvish.
- It’s looking like the Dodgers want a front-end starter, but Dan Straily seems to be a fallback option.
- Tommy Pham is among the players on the Indians radar as the deadline approaches.
- More so than any other players, the Dodgers are focusing on Darvish, Sonny Gray and Zach Britton.
- Despite some interest, the Tigers are unlikely to trade Justin Verlander.
- Houston seems to have a fair amount of interest in Orioles reliever Zach Britton, too.
- The Twins are probably going to be deadline sellers.
- Though other teams are interested in Dan Straily, the Brewers and Marlins continue to discuss a deal involving the right-hander.
- The Yankees scratched Zach Littell from his start, which could mean he might be on the move, according to Joel Sherman of The New York Post.
- The Astros and Brewers don’t appear to be among the most likely landing spots for Sonny Gray, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
- Miami is open to trading Dee Gordon, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick.
- Toronto is listening to offers for J.A. Happ, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2013, the Red Sox acquired Jake Peavy.