Houston is hoping to upgrade its starting rotation in advance of the non-waiver trade deadline and is interested in Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn, according to MLB Network’s Jon Morosi.
Lynn is scheduled to be a free agent at the end of the season but could prove to be an affordable starting option as the Astros prepare for a potential postseason run.
Lynn has pitched well this season, posting a 3.21 ERA and 4.83 FIP over 120.2 innings with the Cardinals.
Lynn has yet to end a season with an ERA higher than four.
Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- Yu Darvish reportedly tipped his pitches in a recent start against the Marlins, which explains why it didn’t end well.
- Can the Athletics do better than Santiago Casilla in the ninth inning of close games?
- Things really haven’t gone very well for Albert Pujols with the Angels this season.
- In a notable move, the Mariners sent Steve Cishek to the Rays in exchange for Erasmo Ramirez.
- The Astros placed George Springer on the disabled list, where he will remain into August.