The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! It’s the most important day of the baseball year (or at least we think, so anyway.
The trade deadline is at 4 p.m. ET, so expect a lot of trades today. Here’s the latest:
- Our Chris Cotillo ran down the biggest stories to monitor on deadline day.
- The Cubs swung a big deal late last night, acquiring Justin Wilson and Alex Avila from the Tigers.
- Colorado made a move of its own, upgrading at catcher by obtaining Jonathan Lucroy from the Rangers.
- The White Sox traded Melky Cabrera to the Royals.
- Cleveland is jumping into the Yu Darvish race and may be a dark horse.
- The Red Sox, looking for relief help, are focused on Mets reliever Addison Reed.
- The Yankees were believed to be the favorite for Sonny Gray as of Saturday night, though the sides appear to be at a standstill.
- The Astros appear to have some interest in Lance Lynn.
- Justin Verlander has drawn some interest from clubs, but he’s considered unlikely to be moved.
- Make sure you check out our handy deadline trackers, including our 2017 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker and 2017 MLB Trade Deadline Team-By-Team Tracker