Houston righty David Paulino has been suspended for 80 games after test positively for performance enhancing drugs. The 23-year old posted a 6.52 ERA, gave up 8 home runs and notched 34 strikeouts over 29 innings pitched this season for the Astros. He’ll miss the rest of the year and not be eligible for post season action.
Here’s what else is happening in the American League West:
- Jonathan Lucroy’s framing has been on a very steep and very steady decline.
- Five Astros have been named to the 2017 MLB All-Star Game roster.
- Check out this awesome interview Halos Heaven did with Angels great, Chuck Finley.
- The Athletics activate Matt Chapman and option Matt Olson to Triple-A
- The international signing period has officially begun, so lets look at all the success the Seattle Mariners have achieved with their international superstars.
- Yu Darvish has been named to the 2017 MLB All-Star team.
- Good news for Los Angeles: Their next home stand will likely include Mike Trout.
- Yonder Alonso has been named to the 2017 All-Star Game roster.
- The Texas Rangers have acquired Blue Jay’s pitcher Jason Grilli.
- Here are some super fun factoids about new Astros, ace Mike Fiers, just in case you’ll be attending any bar trivia nights soon.
- Oakland recalls Zach Neal and option Jesse Hahn to Triple-A.