The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans and a Happy Fourth of July to all of our American readers!
What’s going on in baseball today?
Still haven’t caught up on draft coverage like you’ve been telling yourself? We’ve got you covered. Check out the draft tracker to see where the hyped up players went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
The MLB 2017 All-Star rosters have been released. Did your favorite player make the cut?
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- The Rangers are shopping Jonathon Lucroy, which is not shocking since his framing has taken a turn for the worse.
- The Blue Jays have acquired Miguel Montero from the Cubs. Shade on shade on shade.
- Freddie Freeman is moving to third base, and the odds of him succeeding are not very good.
- Babe Ruth’s ring and contract, owned by Charlie Sheen, are now at auction for over $2 million each. Ya know, in case you have that just laying around.
- Mets third baseman David Wright will not resume baseball-related activities for about five weeks, according to MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo. Hearts are breaking across Queens.
- Aaron Judge is officially joining the 2017 Home Run Derby.
- Kenley Jansen blames Dodger fans for Justin Turner’s All-Star Game snub and he’s not exactly wrong.
- Logan Morrison wanted an invitation to the Home Run Derby and he’s not taking rejection well.
- An umpire has filed a lawsuit against MLB alleging racial discrimination.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2005, Manny Ramirez hits his 20th career grand slam and passes Eddie Murray on the all-time list.