Hyun-jin Ryu has been sent to the disabled list for a left foot contusion. This keeps him out a play all through the All-Star break. Ryu took a line drive off of his foot during his most recent start last Wednesday, June 28th, against the Angels. This year, the righty has notched up a 4.21 ERA over 72.2 innings, walking 22 and striking out 69 (nice).
Ross Stripling has been recalled from Triple-A to take his spot.
Here’s what’s going on in the National League West:
- Chad Bettis has thrown a live bullpen session, can I get a h*ck yeah?
- The Diamondbacks have activate AJ Pollock from the disabled list.
- The Giants aren’t on pace to lose 100 games anymore, so huzzah to that.
- Kevin Quackenbush has been recalled. Quack is back...back again. I’ll stop myself right there.
- Let’s all take a moment to recognize that Jeff Hoffman has come a long way since his first start.
- The Dodgers sign 26 international prospects.
- The Diamondbacks have acquired Tony Renda from Cincinnati Reds.
- San Francisco pitcher Joan Gregorio has been suspended for rest of 2017 season due to testing positive for PEDs.
- The Padres tried to trade Brad Hand for Yankees SS Gleyber Torres. Let’s all laugh together.
- The Rockies activate Carlos González and place Ian Desmond on the DL...again.
- Gorkys Hernandez is the fastest Giant, Buster Posey is the slowest, in case you were wondering the speed of your favorite Giant.