The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
What’s going on in baseball today?
Still haven’t caught up on draft coverage like you’ve been telling yourself? We’ve got you covered. Check out the draft tracker to see where the hyped up players went and our Q&As with a good chunk of the first round to get inside their heads.
The MLB 2017 All-Star rosters have been released. Did your favorite player make the cut?
- Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- It seems Nate Karns will likely require surgery, which is bad news for the Royals pitching staff.
- The Rockies have positioned themselves well for a run at the division title and will likely buy before the trade deadline later this month.
- Things are looking good for the Diamondbacks, who are positioned to add bullpen depth.
- Miami is likely to sell this summer, making some big name position players available.
- The asking price for Justin Verlander is reportedly high, but teams might not be willing to offer as much because of his performance, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
- Kansas City and Boston are among the teams interested in Phillies reliever Pat Neshek, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
- The Yankees and Red Sox have expressed interest in Marlins third baseman Martin Prado, according to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale.
- The Mets placed outfielder Brandon Nimmo on the disabled list Saturday.
- The Dodgers could emerge as the team most interested in trading for J.D. Martinez, according to Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press.
- Pittsburgh designated Antonio Bastardo for assignment, the team announced.
HEY, YOU! Want to play general manager, flex your baseball prowess, and win cool swag all at once? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re running a little contest here at MLB Daily Dish. If you can correctly predict the first big name player that’s traded this season and who they’re traded to, you’ll walk away with a cool prize and some sick bragging rights. Comment on this article right here to officially enter and don’t forget to keep checking back here to see all the juicy trade rumors that could swipe you the prize. Good luck!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose.
And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance. (Our lawyers have instructed us to omit that last sentence.)
Today in baseball: On this day in 2011, Derek Jeter recorded his 3,000th career hit.