The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Are you exhausted from yesterday’s whirlwind? We’ll help catch you up on anything you may have missed.
Here’s what went down in baseball at the deadline:
- Our Chris Cotillo ran down the biggest stories to monitor on deadline day. How many of them actually panned out?
- The Cubs swung a big deal late Sunday night, acquiring Justin Wilson and Alex Avila from the Tigers.
- Colorado made a move of its own, upgrading at catcher by obtaining Jonathan Lucroy from the Rangers.
- The White Sox traded Melky Cabrera to the Royals.
- The Red Sox have acquired Addison Reed.
- The Rangers have traded Jeremy Jeffress (back) to the Brewers.
- Hoping to fix their dire infield problem, the Diamondbacks have acquired Adam Rosales.
- The Astros have acquired Francisco Liriano from the Blue Jays.
- Cleveland has acquired Joe Smith from the Blue Jays as well, because there were really in a sellin’ kind of mood.
- The Diamondbacks have acquired David Hernandez.
- Pre firestorm, the Pirates have traded lefty Tony Watson to the Dodgers.
- Can I get a “FINALLY!”. The Nationals have acquired closer Brandon Kintzler.
- The Orioles have acquired Tim Beckham.
- The Dodgers have acquire left handed-pitcher Tony Cingrani from the Reds.
- The Pirates have acquired pitcher Joaquin Benoit.
- IT. HAPPENED. GUYS. The Yankees have acquired Sonny Gray from the Athletics in exchange for three prospects.
- Before we could even process the Gray deal, boom, anotha one, the Dodgers have acquired Yu Darvish.
- And, finally, some fresh new faces for the future: The Mets have called up Amed Rosario.
We need a nap.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2016, Jeremy Jeffress is traded to the Texas Rangers. Ah, nostalgia.