The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- You can find a recap of each team’s move leading up to the trade deadline here.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- Which players are on trade waivers?
- The Nationals finally got their closer this deadline.
- Miami dealt two of their biggest arms at the deadline. Will the return be worth it down the road?
- Could the Pirates have made a bigger splash this deadline?
- Take a look back at what the Mets did at the deadline and if literally anything matters anymore.
- Did the Braves do enough in July?
- The Phillies made not one, but two deals at the deadline!!! Life is slightly less bleak!!
- Milwaukee brought Jeremy Jeffress back at the deadline because reunions are great.
- Mariners’ pitchers Felix Hernandez and David Phelps will both miss time with arm injuries.
- Baby steps Giants, baby steps. But also, what are you doing? We’re all confused.
- The White Sox have called up highly touted prospect Reynaldo Lopez.
- The Dodgers were one of the biggest buyers at the trade deadline. Did they go overboard?
- The Cardinals had a quiet deadline, which was to be expected.
- Cleveland has acquired Jay Bruce.
- The Reds shed a few extra arms this deadline, much to the relief of probably everyone.
- The Diamondbacks were one of the first teams to strike early in July.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1995, the first forfeit in the majors in sixteen years occurs when the fans continually throughout the night throw promotional souvenir baseballs onto the Dodger Stadium field.