The Phillies have called up young phenom Rhys Hoskins. Hoskins’ bat has been a force of nature in the minors this season. Baseball America recently ranked the 24-year old No. 69 (nice) prospect in the minors. Before getting the call to the show, Hoskins was slashing .284/.385/.581 with 29 home runs in Triple-A Lehigh Valley. He’s certainly the power hitter that the Phillies need.
Here’s what other new is floating around the National League East:
- Here’s how Howie Kendrick is fitting in with the Nationals.
- Ranking the Marlins Players Weekend nicknames.
- The Mets have called up Dominic Smith.
- Johan Camargo is headed to disabled list with a knee bone bruise.
- Get your Max Scherzer - Hit Like A Pitcher t-shirt and be the most stylish one at your Labor Day barbecue.
- Chris O’Grady was feeling fairly lonely on the Miami roster and has decided to visit everyone else on the disabled list.
- Jacob deGrom left last night’s game early after a line drive hit him on the arm and the back. Scary stuff.
- More young Phillies players may see more playing time because it’s that time of year.
- Brandon Phillips has this third base thing down.
- Bryce Harper the 14th player in MLB history to hit 150 HRs before 25th birthday.
- Giancarlo Stanton is perfectly placed to break Marlins home run record.
- The Mets have activated Juan Lagares from the disabled list.