The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- You can find a recap of each team’s move leading up to the trade deadline here.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League East.
- Which players are on trade waivers?
- The Mets have promoted Dominic Smith to majors.
- Miami dealt two of their biggest arms at the deadline. Will the return be worth it down the road?
- Could the Pirates have made a bigger splash this deadline?
- Take a look back at what the Mets did at the deadline and if literally anything matters anymore.
- Did the Braves do enough in July?
- The Phillies made not one, but two deals at the deadline!!! Life is slightly less bleak!!
- Milwaukee brought Jeremy Jeffress back at the deadline because reunions are great.
- The Cubs broke the ice super early for this year’s deadline talks. Was acquiring Quintana worth it for them?
- Baby steps Giants, baby steps. But also, what are you doing? We’re all confused.
- The Mets and Yankees front offices are now taking their issues with each other public, let us all quietly watch at the spark returns to the Subway Series.
- The White Sox have called up highly touted prospect Reynaldo Lopez.
- The Dodgers were one of the biggest buyers at the trade deadline. Did they go overboard?
- The 2017 MLB postseason race is the most crowded in history.
- Tim Tebow said hello to a young fan with autism, then immediately jacked a home run because he’s Tim Tebow what else did you expect???
- Cleveland has acquired Jay Bruce.
- Jose Canseco wants everyone to know he could outhit Aaron Judge. Okay, Jose.
- The Diamondbacks were one of the first teams to strike early in July.
- The Yankees made fun of their 3rd base coach after he fell waving runners home.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2001, Barry Bonds hits his 50th homer of the season.