The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- Former Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter and the rest of his group have reached an agreement to purchase the Marlins.
- Seattle placed left-hander James Paxton on the 10-day disabled list, the team announced.
- Milwaukee was not the team that won the claim on Ian Kinsler, according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
- Willson Contreras will be sidelined for four to six weeks with a hamstring strain, according to ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers.
- Colorado promoted infielder Ryan McMahon, the club announced.
- Atlanta infielder Brandon Phillips cleared waivers and can now be dealt this month, according to Heyman.
- Right-hander Ryan Burr was sent to the White Sox in a Friday afternoon trade.
- If Justin Verlander gets traded, he could apply an opt-out clause to his contract, according to MLB.com’s Jon Morosi.
- The Cardinals are open to making an August trade to acquire extra relief help, according to Morosi.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2013, Charlie Manuel reached 1,000 wins.