The Braves acquired Cincinnati first baseman Kevin Franklin on Friday, the Reds announced.
Franklin was the player to be named later in the Brandon Phillips trade earlier this year.
Franklin has spent the season in Single-A and hasn’t had much offensive success. He’s hitting .205 in 14 games with Single-A Dayton and posted a .179 average over a combined 27 games in 2017.
Franklin was selected in the second round of the 2013 MLB Draft.
Here’s the latest from around the National League East:
- Rhys Hoskins was called up by the Phillies and seems poised to display his power within the National League East.
- Dominic Smith is getting his opportunity to prove himself with the Mets, which could be valuable entering 2018.
- Derek Jeter will be making the Marlins’ baseball and business decisions while Jeffrey Loria prepares to sell the team for $1.2 billion.
- It might not be worth all of your attention, but Michael Taylor would probably benefit from a platoon partner.
- Atlanta sent Andrew Albers to the Mariners in exchange for cash.