The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League East.
- Take a look back at what the Padres did in advance of the non-waiver trade deadline.
- The Yankees placed Masahiro Tanaka on the disabled list, which makes the team’s deadline moves that much more significant.
- Ryan Howard signed a minor league deal with the Rockies.
- Milwaukee acquired Neil Walker from the Mets on Saturday.
- Bryce Harper left a game with a knee injury, which is not the best of signs for the Nationals.
- Marco Estrada did not draw much interest in advance of the non-waiver trade deadline, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
- Cesar Puello was designated for assignment by the Angels, according to MLB.com’s Maria Guardado.
- Derek Jeter will be in charge of Miami’s business and baseball decisions, team president David Samson told Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald.
- Scott Feldman returned from an extended disabled list stint Saturday night.
- Toronto put Russell Martin on the disabled list, the team announced. He’ll be sidelined with an oblique strain.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2007, Placido Polanco went 144 straight games without making an error.