Seattle signed right-hander Jeanmar Gomez to a minor league deal, according to Mike Curto, a Triple-A Tacoma broadcaster.
Gomez struggled with the Phillies this season, pitching to a 7.25 ERA over 22.1 innings. At the current pace, he would end the season with the highest ERA of his career.
Gomez had a bit more success with the Phillies in 2016, ending the season with a 4.85 ERA over 68.2 innings.
Here’s the latest from around the American League West:
- Texas added Jhan Marinez to the active roster, which should be valuable in the coming weeks.
- The Angels have floated around five-hundred this season, which all things considered isn’t currently a bad place to be.
- The Astros wore blue-gold throwback jerseys Saturday and, in all honesty, it was a notable change.
- Over time, some current Athletics have generated distinct nicknames. You can find some of the best ones here.
- James Paxton was placed on the 10-day disabled list.