The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- Take a look back at what the Padres did in advance of the non-waiver trade deadline.
- The Yankees placed Masahiro Tanaka on the disabled list, which makes the team’s deadline moves that much more significant.
- Here are the teams that wish they could have done things differently at the MLB trade deadline.
- Ryan Howard signed a minor league deal with the Rockies.
- Milwaukee acquired Neil Walker from the Mets on Saturday.
- Bryce Harper has but a “mere bone bruise” and will likely play again this season because he is pretty unstoppable.
- The Jeter-fronted group has reached an agreement to purchase the Marlins, so let’s all pray for an even bigger, more grand statue.
- The White Sox have traded veteran relief pitcher Tyler Clippard to Astros.
- Byron Buxton laid out for this spectacularly impossible catch.
- The Rangers will hand out tiny on-deck circles in honor of Adrian Beltre’s antics, so time to put in for vacation time because you really need to be at this game.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1993, the Yankees retire Reggie Jackson's uniform number 44.