The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made by the end of the waiver deadline this month. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- The Mariners have made multiple attempts to acquire Twins ace Ervin Santana. Could a deal still go down?
- Giancarlo Stanton has cleared trade waivers and is eligible to be traded to any team.
- Aaron Judge, Aaron Hicks, and Gary Sanchez hit their 40th career home runs in the same game. The stars always seem to align during the Subway Series.
- Here are the teams that wish they could have done things differently at the MLB trade deadline.
- The Blue Jays have signed Brett Anderson to a minor-league deal.
- The Astros and Tigers are ‘still apart’ in Verlander trade talks. They better speed it up then.
- Bryce Harper has but a “mere bone bruise” and will likely play again this season because he is pretty unstoppable.
- Marco Estrada has been claimed off of waivers by AL East team. A deal is unlikely. My money is on the Orioles being behind this.
- Chad Bettis returned to baseball after cancer and the Rockies played the perfect song for the occasion. Also, everyone in America should own a Chad Bettis jersey.
- The Athletics have acquired Chris Hatcher.
- Byron Buxton laid out for this spectacularly impossible catch.
- The Rangers will hand out tiny on-deck circles in honor of Adrian Beltre’s antics, so time to put in for vacation time because you really need to be at this game.
- Here’s a look back at what the Rockies did at the trade deadline.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2013, Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. announces that Ryne Sandberg has been named interim manager of the team, replacing Charlie Manuel.